Orton Jewellery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
We respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and understand the importance of securing and protecting the information collected about them.
What information we collect
Orton Jewellery collects personal information about you in order to provide you with the best service and a personalised shopping experience. We gather this information about you when you engage with us and use our Services, including, but not limited to, when you purchase products using our sites, register or complete forms on our sites, submit user-generated reviews, and interact in any social media functions or digital marketing.
The Information that we collect from you includes, but is not limited to:
• personal information such as your name, date of birth and gender.
• contact information such as email address, postal address and telephone number.
• your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account.
• if you contact us by telephone, email or live chat we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We also collect some information automatically including, but not limited to:
• information related to the browser, device or operating system that you use to access our Services.
• your IP address, the website you came from, information on actions taken on our services including, but not limited to, pages viewed, dates and times of visits, time spent on each page and products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased.
How we use this information
We process your personal data including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
• to personalise our products and services for you.
• to process and fulfil your order and to provide products and services you have requested.
• to provide customer service care.
• sending you information about changes to our terms or policies.
• verifying your identity.
• to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law.
Where and when you give us your consent, we will use your personal data:
• for direct marketing to send you e-newsletters and other promotional material about our services and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you.
• to place cookies and use similar tracking technologies (as set out in the “Cookies” section and the information provided to you when those technologies are used) to personalise content and advertising for you and to allow our content to function better.
• on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
If you no longer wish for us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you have an absolute right to opt-out at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share this data with
With your consent (where required), we share your personal data with trusted third parties we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, handling payments, hosting services, database maintenance, delivery of your order and conducting analytics.
In all cases, the third party is acting on Orton Jewellery’s express instructions and in accordance with this Policy, confidentiality and levels of security.
Without your consent, we may share your personal data:
• in response to legal process, for example, a court order, a law enforcement or government agency’s request.
• if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets.
When you visit the Services we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie” or similar technologies) on your device. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
Retaining your data
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this in by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you please get in contact firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01225 309039 or writing to us Orton Jewellery, 6-7 Market Street, Bradford-0n-Avon, BA15 1LH.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorised access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the personal data we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the personal data that we collect and store.
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site and any such transmission is at your own risk.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time, we may update this notice. We will notify you about any upcoming material changes by either sending you an email to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on our Services. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this notice so that you know what personal data we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.